Water Heater Services in the Charlotte Area
After Installing Over 10,000 Water Heaters over the last 20+ years, We Know Hot Water!A hot bath or shower. Clean laundry. Running the dishwasher. All part of our day. But none of them would be possible without hot water… something we take for granted… at least until it’s gone. Three Way Plumbing can help keep you in hot water… whether you need a water heater repair or want to replace your old water heater with a shiny new high efficient one or you want to know more about how you can have instant hot water or endless hot water. Our plumbing technicians are water heater experts and available to serve you.
Types of Water Heaters:Water heaters in our area may be a gas water heater, electric water heater, propane water heater, or solar water heater. But when it comes to water heaters types, you basically have three choices: traditional tank water heaters; tankless water heaters which provide endless hot water, or hybrid water heaters which combine features from both traditional and tankless water heaters.
What is the average life of a water heater?The average life of a traditional tank water heater is 8-12 years and the average life of a tankless water heater is 25 years. You can extend the life of your water heater with regular maintenance. Caution: If your tank water heater is 5 years or older and has not been flushed within the last year, do not flush it as that may cause leaks due to the sediment buildup in the tank sealing minor holes. A potential danger of an older water heater is failure of the tank integrity. According to the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety, by the time a water heater reaches age 12, nearly 75% have failed and 69% of all water heater failures result from a slow leak or a sudden burst. If the tank bursts, 30-50 gallons of water flooding your home can cause major damage.
How to Choose The Right Water HeaterConsider the following factors for your family’s needs and wants and any space restrictions in your home…
- Size & Gallons Heated Per Hour. A family of 5 all trying to get ready in the morning need a bigger capacity and/or more gallons heated per hour than a couple.
- No Cold Showers, Ever. If you would like endless hot water whenever you want it, a tankless or hybrid model may be for you.
- Water Heater Location. Newer tank models are wider and taller than past models so may not fit in tight spaces.
- Energy Savings are Important. A high efficiency tankless water heater can pay for itself in a short number of years.
- Water Conservation is Key. An on-demand water circulating system is designed to move hot water to your most remote fixture on demand within seconds and the cool water you normally let run down the drain is circulated back to the water heater through the cold water line.
- You Like Being Green. Tankless water heaters and water circulators are very eco-friendly.
Tankless Water Heater Repair & InstallationTraditional tank water heaters are the water heaters that are familiar to most of us. They take the cold water supply coming into your home and store it in a large tank. Then this water is heated by electricity, natural gas, propane, heat pumps, or even solar power. When the water in the tank cools off, the fuel kicks in and heats it up again. Then when you turn on your shower, faucet, dishwasher, or washing machine — hot water is ready for you to use.
Regular Water Heater Maintenance Can Extend The Life Of Your Water HeaterManufacturer’s recommend a yearly flushing of your water heater to ensure long life and proper performance. Without it, scale and sediment can build up and cause the water heater to underperform, or fail. So all the water used in your laundry, dishwasher, bath or shower, is first filtered through this scale and sediment before coming to you. To keep your maintenance schedule on track, join Three Way Plumbing’s Maintenance Agreement Partner Plan as it includes maintenance of your plumbing equipment to keep it at peak performance, an annual whole home plumbing inspection, discounts and more.
The Water Heater Experts in the Greater Charlotte AreaTop 6 Reasons to Choose a Tankless Water Heater:
- ENDLESS HOT WATER…Even when everyone in the whole family is taking a shower while the dishwasher and washing machine are running too. Tankless water heaters heat water on demand and that means you never have to worry about running out of hot water.
- HIGHER VOLUME…Hot Water For Any Size Home. There are multi-system set-ups that can even link up to 24 units, which translates to 317 gallons per minute – enough for over 126 showers at one time!
- CLEAN WATER…No Dirty Tanks. With a tankless water heater, water is heated as it passes through the unit so you will always be using a fresh supply of water. As they age, traditional tank water heaters can start to rust and build-up scale inside the tank, which is where your hot water is being stored for use. Check below to see what the inside of a tank can look like after years of use.
- SPACE SAVINGS…Flexible Installation Options. Compact in design, tankless water heaters can be installed virtually anywhere. Our tankless water heaters mount on the wall, inside or outside. If you want faster hot water delivery, you can even relocate the tankless heater closer to the fixtures you use most often to also save water.
- ENERGY SAVINGS…Lower Water Heating Bills and Be Eco-Friendly Too. On-demand tankless water heater systems require no pilot light and can save about half the cost of your current water heating bill since there is no re-heating of water as with traditional water heaters. Tankless water heaters operate at an eco-friendly 83%-94% energy efficiency.
- LASTS LONGER…Durability & Low Maintenance. Our professional quality tankless water heaters are extremely durable, lasting ups to 2.5x longer than traditional tank-type water heaters, and requiring little maintenance over their lifetime. They are also extremely well designed. If it ever needs to be serviced, any single part of the heater can be replaced and fixed… a huge advantage over a tank water heater!
How a Tankless Water Heater WorksTankless water heaters provide endless hot water without wasting any energy. When you don’t need hot water, you’re not paying to heat it.
What You Need to Know Before InstallationAt Three Way Plumbing, we are certified installers AND certified service reps for Noritz, Rheem, Rinnai and Navien tankless water heaters and have worked on virtually all other brands. When companies are only certified as installers and are not also trained to service the units, they may not have the in-depth understanding of how Tankless Water Heaters operate to be able to provide you with the level of expertise you deserve when selecting the right unit for your home. Rather than using the standard number on the chart, factors need to be specifically calculated for each home’s size, seasonal temperature variation and projected usage to select the size and model that will provide the best performance in that home. The majority of the times we go on a call for a problem with a tankless water heater that we did not install, we find that the issue is that it was not the right model and size for the home. Another common issue is that there was an installation error such as not properly installing the proper venting that is needed due to the high heat production. When a tankless water heater is purchased at a box store, the venting and other parts and materials needed to complete the job are not included.
why choose three way plumbing?
With over 20 years of experience as a trusted plumber in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas, we have proven our ability to provide fast, high-quality plumbing repair, replacement, and installation service. Our friendly team members are dedicated to getting to the root of your problem, not merely a band-aid fix. Expect upfront, transparent, and respectful services from start to finish.
- Regular Saturday Appointments
- 100% Guarantee
- 30 Minute Call-Ahead
- WAREHOUSE ON WHEELS
- Honest Pricing