Let Our Skilled Plumbing Technicians Clear Your Drains
Most homeowners don’t spend much time thinking about their drains and sewer systems. However, ignoring your plumbing or disposing of things improperly down the drain could result in backups. If you’re struggling with a clogged sink, overflowing toilet, or stopped-up shower drain, you need a qualified plumber in Charlotte and the surrounding areas to set things right.
Three Way Plumbing is here to help! Our highly skilled, drug-tested, and background-checked plumbing technicians have years of experience clearing drains and providing tips to keep things flowing smoothly in the months and years to come.
To work with a reliable drain clearing company in Huntersville, Concord, Waxhaw, and the surrounding Charlotte metro area, please call us at 704-766-0049.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
Drains and sewer lines are designed to carry away water, human waste, and a reasonable amount of toilet paper, which disintegrates in water. If anything else finds its way into the plumbing system, you could have a clog on your hands. Here are some common causes of clogged drains:
- Hair: It’s normal to send a few hairs down the drain while showering, but over time, that hair sticks to the inside of the drain and keeps water from flowing through.
- Product buildup: Whether it is shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, toothpaste, or soap, residue builds up, causing clogs.
- Flushable wipes: Yes, that’s right! Even if the package says “flushable,” it really shouldn’t be. The wipes are much thicker than toilet paper and don’t break down like toilet paper.
- Mineral buildup: Minerals naturally found in our water supply build up in our toilets, causing them not to have enough suction, which, in turn, causes clogs down the drains.
- Cooking grease: Bacon grease may be runny when it’s hot, but once it cools in your sewer line, it becomes a gelatinous glob: the perfect substance for creating a clog. Keep your kitchen sink flowing smoothly — dispose of grease in the trash!
- Foreign objects: Hair, cotton balls, floss, toothpaste caps, bits of soap, jewelry in any sink or toilet, and small children’s toys are all capable of clogging your pipes. Whenever possible, keep foreign objects from going down the drain.
- Tree roots: Mature trees have roots that reach far and wide. These can wreak havoc on underground sewer lines. Fortunately, with high-powered drain clearing methods, it’s possible to chop through stubborn tree roots and restore the functionality of your sewer system.
If your drains are clogged, call 704-766-0049 to hire a qualified plumber in Charlotte, Concord, or Huntersville, NC.
Signs You Need Drain Clearing Service in Charlotte and Surrounding Areas
You might need to have your drains or sewer line cleaned if:
- Your drains flow slower than usual.
- You notice mysterious odors stemming from your sinks or shower drains.
- You find yourself repeatedly plunging the toilet, despite being careful about what you flush.
- Your drains make gurgling sounds.
- You sometimes face multiple clogged fixtures at once.
Don’t ignore these signs! Clogged drains never recover on their own — they only become worse with time. Get things flowing smoothly again by calling Three Way Plumbing at 704-766-0049.
How Does Drain Clearing Work?
Whenever you have a slow drain, our professional technicians have all the equipment necessary to restore flow. In addition, because you can’t see inside the pipes or underground, we may follow up with a camera inspection to be sure the problem is resolved or actually see what is causing the problem. A lot of companies perform drain clearing, but without following up with a camera, they have no way of knowing if they truly cleaned the drain well enough to prevent the issue from reoccurring rather quickly.
- Plumbing augers, snakes, snake attachments, and other tools are effective at clearing clogs. Tools you find at retail can’t always do the job, but we have all of the equipment necessary, including attachments specific to the clog type. It’s not one size fits all.
- Hydro jetting uses a high-pressure stream of water to cut through the toughest clogs deep in the sewer line.
- Sometimes, the issue is not necessarily inside the drains of your home but stems from an issue outside in your main line connection. In that case, our technicians may recommend a repair to address an issue such as roots in the line, separation of the line, bellied line due to the ground settling, or even an issue originating from the city public system.
Whatever you do, don’t pour chemical drain cleaner down the sink! Repeated use of caustic products could eventually eat through your pipes, resulting in a much more extensive repair. If your plunging and snaking attempts fail, the best way to clear a clogged drain is to trust your local plumbing technicians at Three Way Plumbing. We can even recommend a great drain maintenance product you can use monthly that is EPA-certified and safe not only for your pipes but for people, pets, and the environment as well.
Contact us today at 704-766-0049 to request same-day service.
FAQs About Drain Clearing
How do I unclog a shower drain?
In many cases, a clogged shower drain can be cleared using a plunger or by filling the drain with hot water and letting it soak for a while. Vinegar and baking soda can be added to help clear tougher clogs. If the clog still will not budge, it is best to call our team at Three Way Plumbing for professional drain cleaning services. We can clear the clog quickly without the mess and damage that more advanced DIY methods can cause.
How do I prevent clogged drains?
Many clogged drains can be avoided by being careful about what’s put down the drain. Keep cooking grease and fats out of the drain, and place strainers or baskets in each sink, tub, or shower drain to catch hair, food particles, and other debris. Avoid flushing anything but waste and toilet paper down the toilet, and throw everything else in the garbage, including baby wipes, “flushable” moist wipes, hygiene products, tissues, paper towels, and diapers.
Want to be even more proactive? Regular drain maintenance with a product like BioOne can keep your drains running smoothly by using pipe-safe bacteria to eat away at organic residue in your drain lines. Monthly application can prevent drain problems and save you money and hassle.
How should I clean a sink drain?
After you are done using the sink, let the water continue to flow for a few extra seconds. If a clog occurs, flush a combination of hot water, baking soda, and vinegar down the drain, and let it soak. Other clogs may be removed with a plunger, but avoid more drastic methods like chemical drain cleaners, as they may cause plumbing damage. If these steps do not work, call our team at Three Way Plumbing for drain cleaning services anywhere in the Charlotte area.
Why are my drains gurgling?
Odd noises from your drains could indicate a partial clog in the drain or problems with the venting system on a nearby fixture. In most cases, you should only hear rushing water from a drain, not gurgling, bubbling, or other strange sounds. If you suspect you have drain problems in your Charlotte home, call our team at Three Way Plumbing for drain or sewer repairs as soon as possible.
Schedule Drain Clearing in Charlotte, Concord & Huntersville
For more than 20 years, Three Way Plumbing has built a reputation for providing fast, high-quality plumbing services. Our friendly staff and crew are dedicated to diagnosing the problem and clearing your drains for good.
Speak with an expert plumber about your drain clearing needs — call us at 704-766-0049 today!
why choose three way plumbing?
With over 20 years of experience as a trusted plumber in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas, we have proven our ability to provide fast, high-quality plumbing repair, replacement, and installation service. Our friendly team members are dedicated to getting to the root of your problem, not merely a band-aid fix. Expect upfront, transparent, and respectful services from start to finish.
- Regular Saturday Appointments
- 100% Guarantee
- 30 Minute Call-Ahead
- WAREHOUSE ON WHEELS
- Honest Pricing