Pipe Repair & Replacement in the Greater Charlotte Area
Are repeated issues or leaks springing from the pipes in your home? The typical life span for most pipes is 20 years.
Once your main water service pipe begins springing a leak in your yard, more are sure to appear. This is not to say that repairs to pipes inside your home or even outside are not an option, and in many cases, you’re able to repair rather than replace.
At Three Way Plumbing, we offer financing if you decide that replacing pipes is a better value for your family and home.
Burst Pipe Repair and Replacement in Charlotte & Concord, NC
The plumbing experts at Three Way Plumbing provide pipe repair and replacement services as well as drain clearing and sewer camera inspections. Our team has the necessary experience to solve a wide range of plumbing problems, including:
- Broken, cracked, offset, or collapsed pipes
- Any kind of pipe blockage
- Pipe bellies from settling
- Joint leaks
- Root intrusion
- Off-grade pipes
- Leaks, including those from behind your tub/shower
- Leaks under your sinks
- Leaks from toilets
- Leaks from under your floors or behind your walls
- Unknown sources of leaks discovered from high water bills
8 Signs You Need Pipe Repair or Replacement
- Faucet is leaking: A leaking faucet can waste up to 100 gallons of water every day, and can often be a sign of a larger problem with your plumbing and incoming water pressure from the city.
- Low water pressure in shower and sinks: A drop in water pressure is another sign there may be a larger plumbing issue in your home.
- Malfunctioning appliances: Keep an eye on appliances that use a lot of water, like your dishwasher. washing machine and even your water heater. Issues with those appliances are often a clue that you may have an underlying plumbing concern.
- TIP: Place a shallow disposable aluminum pan under your dishwasher with the lip folded down closest to the front of the appliance. This way, if there is a leak from your dishwasher, it will force the water out in front of the dishwasher rather than seep into the floor and subfloor underneath.
- Cracks in your home’s pipes: Cracks are one issue that’s usually easy to spot. Even if the cracked pipe is hidden behind a wall, eventually the water will become visible through the wall or on the floor. If you think you have a leak but can’t locate the source, we have various techniques to determine the sources of the leak.
- Corroded pipes: Does it seem like your pipes are constantly getting clogged? Before you blame your family, consider that your pipes might be corroding. This is even more likely if you have galvanized steel pipes or cast iron drain lines. Corroded pipes will eventually need to be replaced before they fall apart.
- Rust-colored water coming out of the faucet: If your water is coming out of your faucets cloudy or discolored, one cause could be a temporary problem with your water supply, or it could be another sign that you have corrosion in your pipes. If it doesn’t clear up in a day or two, avoid drinking or bathing in the water and call a plumber.
- Hazardous materials: Prolonged exposure to lead can cause learning disabilities and reduced growth in children as well as kidney complications and reproductive issues in adults. Find out if your plumbing system contains lead piping if you have an older home; and if it does, you should strongly consider replacing it.
- Age of your home’s pipes: No pipe lasts forever; and although there are many unseen factors that play into the life span of any pipe, here are some of the anticipated life spans of common pipe materials:
- Galvanized steel pipes can last up to 20 years in some cases, but corrode at a much quicker rate with long-standing water.
- Brass can last 40+ years, but that is declining with the lower or non-existent lead levels imposed over the years.
- Copper has the longest life span, sometimes being as old as 50+ years.
- Cast iron is not used often anymore, but although has a life span of 75+ years, it begins corroding from the inside out long before that.
- Plastics are the most commonly used today as they’re the most economical and have an average life span of 20+ years.
Although the piping to and throughout your home may have a long life span, many times the issues are not with the pipe but rather the fittings at the joints and where the pipes have been cut.
If you’re not sure what kind of pipes are in your home, ask your plumber next time they visit to determine if yours are due to be replaced.
Choose Three Way Plumbing for Pipe Repair & Replacement in Charlotte
Serving Charlotte, Huntersville, Concord & the Surrounding Areas
Family-owned and -operated, Three Way Plumbing has provided a full range of plumbing services to their neighbors in Charlotte and the surrounding areas since 1997. We serve the community where we live, so we’ve built our business on honest pricing, integrity, and reliability.
A real person is always available to take your call, and we only send highly skilled, drug-tested, background-checked plumbers to your home.
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our products and work.
why choose three way plumbing?
With over 20 years of experience as a trusted plumber in Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas, we have proven our ability to provide fast, high-quality plumbing repair, replacement, and installation service. Our friendly team members are dedicated to getting to the root of your problem, not merely a quick fix. Expect upfront, transparent, and respectful services from start to finish.
- Regular Saturday Appointments
- 100% Guarantee
- 30 Minute Call-Ahead
- WAREHOUSE ON WHEELS
- Honest Pricing